Firstly, you’ll need to have your keyboard paired with your iPad or iPhone. You can find out more information about how to pair your keyboard on the Apple Support website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204091.
Once you have your keyboard working. You can use it in Teleprompter as both a regular keyboard input for making script edits, and as a wireless controller.
To use your bluetooth keyboards to control Teleprompter, firstly open a script to start prompting. Once you have a script open, tap the Bluetooth icon in the control bar at the bottom, then select ‘Connect to keyboard’.
You can now use your keyboard to control Teleprompter, here are the keyboard controls:
- Use the Space Bar to start and stop scrolling
- Use the number keys (1, 2, 3, 4 etc.) to set your speed value to 10, 20, 30, 40 etc.
- Use the “+” and “-” keys to step up, or step down the speed value
- Use the “W” and “S” keys to change scroll direction: W = Up S = Down
- Use the “Q” key to toggle ‘quick scroll’, this will increase your speed value by 4x